After binge-watching four seasons of Downton Abbey in the past two weeks, I am basically a ladyship myself by now. (I am typing this in a British accent.)
This has been a learning period for me, and I consider the Dowager Countess (played by Maggie Smith, the queen herself) to be the ultimate teacher when it comes to the English upper class.
Here are some wisdom as generously shared by Cousin Violet.
1. Marriage is sacred and love is beautiful.
2. Modern times are absolutely terrifying.
3. One can never be too old to have a little fun.
4. You are never wrong.
5. Sometimes, the world revolves around you and only you.
6. If you don’t back yourself, no one else will.
7. No matter what happens, always dress appropriately.
8. Compliments must always be paid where it is due.
9. Americans are most definitely a different specie.
10. Life is a magical experience and every moment must be cherished.